POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ahhh, memories.... : Re: Ahhh, memories.... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 09:26:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ahhh, memories....
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 19 Aug 2009 15:52:27
Message: <4a8c57fb@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian wrote:

> I found a website that archived old CD distributions of even older BBS
> software sites. Digging through some of them, there was DKBTrace 2.12
> and POV-Ray 1.0 for the A4000. The source code was so compact back then!

Hehe, my first encounter with Pov-Ray was when it was known as PVRay, it
was a beta version, 0.9b. It prompted me to write a program that would
basically stripe R G and B on the screen, so I could see the images in
their full color. I eventually found a paint program that would convert
TGA to GIF, then eventually begged my dad for an ET4000-based card with
24 bit color.  I remember waiting hours on my 386-SX for sunset.pov to
complete, Suffice to say, SKYVASE took a loooong time to trace.

--
~Mike